This is an elevation data browser, which "auto-exposes" the display so that the highest and lowest visible elevations are white and black. The result is a grayscale heightmap, suitable for use as a displacement map in 3D applications.
- Uncheck "auto-expose" to set min and max height levels manually.
- Make sure the browser popup blocker is off!
- Click "export" to open the current view as an image in a new tab - then "Save As" to save the image to disk. (You may need to right-click the image to do this.)
- Import the resulting image in Photoshop (CC-2014 or newer) and generate a 3D model of the terrain with the 3D Map Generator - Terrain.
- Press the 'h' key to toggle interface visibility.
More info: 3D-Map-Generator.com!
Terrain data is coming from Mapzen's global terrain tiles.